Gardenalia is Seeking a Landscape Maintenance Crew Supervisor!
- Assists in fulfilling the goals of the property owner and Gardenalia by directing a landscape maintenance crew.
- Responsible for ensuring that Gardenalia’s strict gardening and landscape maintenance standards are met.
- Supports positive lines of communication with fellow employees and the property owner.
- Organizes and directs the landscape crew and answers to Gardenalia’s Operations Manager.
- Receives the daily work orders from the Operations Manager and directs the crew, setting priorities, and overseeing the work.
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
Qualifications- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The right candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated approach to reading and following work orders.
- A firm grasp on the palette of trees, shrubs, perennials, pests, weeds, and garden practices and plants native to Pennsylvania.
Have Experience in:
- Instructing, directing and evaluating employees.
- Professional and detailed pruning methods.
- Directing a landscape crew to follow a work schedule that maintains timely completion of the job and profitability.
- Maintaining favorable client relations.
- Safe operation of small machinery such as a chainsaw, power hand tools, garden tools, and basic tool use. (limited need for this)
- Manages employees.
- Maintains daily records of crew hours, gas receipts, delivery receipts.
- Maintains and keeps track of lunch and break times.
- Orients and trains new employees.
- Ensures that the crews are sufficiently supplied with all materials needed for the job.
- Transports the crew, tools, and supplies.
- Maintains the crew’s break and lunch schedule.
- Is responsible for basic functioning and maintenance of the truck, chainsaw and other equipment and reports issues to the Operations Manager.
- Is responsible for weekly truck and yard cleaning.
- Ensures that the trucks and yard are ready for work each day.
- Facilitates a work environment that is polite, friendly and positive.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desirable Personal Attributes
Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, time management skills, and organizational skills
Is honest with a positive and optimistic outlook
Candidate must have great physical stamina and a strong back.
Can help move heavy root balls sometimes up to 300 lbs.
Can lift 50 lbs.
Education / Training
High school diploma/GED
Bachelor’s degree desirable or professional experience equivalent
Industry certification- Pennsylvania Certified Horticulturist (PCH)
Current PA driver’s license
This position is outdoors, and the conditions are affected by the weather – long hot days, wet rainy days and cold temperatures.
Background in gardening, horticulture, farming, landscaping
Experience in building trades or landscape construction
$15-$18 per hour depending on experience
40 hours per week
Working Saturdays may be required on a rotating basis
Occasional overtime may be required
**For candidates who meet all minimum requirements, please email your resume to email@example.com. If you have questions please call the office at 412-871-5445.**