Job Description: The Construction Crew Supervisor
The Construction Crew Supervisor:
Oversees daily Construction operations of Gardenalia including coordinating, implementing, and supervising all phases of landscape installation, maintenance and winter snow removal.
Monitors crew members to ensure their duties are carried out to the fullest while developing and maintaining proper communication with/between the landscape manager, the client, and vendors regarding scheduling, ordering, changes, site conditions, etc. before, during and after the installation of projects.
Qualifications- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The right candidate will possess:
· A minimum of 3 years of general management experience preferably in the landscape or construction fields.
· A good understanding of landscape installation methods and techniques and the machinery, tools and labor needed to accomplish work.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and previous supervisory experience.
· Be able to read and interpret landscape plans and specifications.
· Understanding of job costing and importance of staying ahead schedule and under budget.
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Has experience maintaining favorable public relations.
· A degree in construction management or related field is desirable
· Instructing, directing and evaluating employees.
Comfortable with client interaction
· Meets with new clients for the initial consultation.
· Estimates the work including installation and project contracts.
· Coordinates the projects working with the designer, vendors, subcontractors, and the clients.
· Sells the work by getting estimates approved and looking for additional opportunities to sell services that may be of value to our current clients.
· Ensures that the client is prepared to care for their new landscape by connecting the client with the maintenance division for coaching or ongoing consulting.
· Oversees the financials of individual projects.
· Works with the Maintenance Division Director to maintain job flow and employee concerns.
· Interviews and hires new employees.
· Conducts regular employee meetings.
Desirable Personal Attributes
The ideal candidate:
· Strong leadership skills.
· Is ambitious and an excellent multitasker.
· Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
· Has excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Is honest.
· Has a positive and optimistic outlook.
· Possesses a strong work ethic.
- Candidate must have great physical stamina and a strong back.
- Can help move heavy root balls sometimes up to 300 lbs.
- Can lift 50 lbs.
Education / Training
- High school diploma/GED
- Certification / Accreditation from reputable trade school.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable or professional experience equivalent.
- Current PA driver’s license.
This position is outdoors, and the conditions are affected by the weather – long hot days, wet rainy days and cold temperatures.
Pay & Benefits
· Salary $35- 45 K depending on experience
· Hours must be flexible
· Some evenings and Saturdays expected
· Other benefits may apply- Health Insurance, paid vacation
Apply to this position
Qualified applicants can apply below