The Landscape Crew Member:
The Landscape Crew Member assists in fulfilling the goals of the property owner and Gardenalia by ensuring that Gardenalia's gardening standards are met. These include proper handling of all plants, safe use of all tools, attention to detail, and proper presentation of the finished product.
This position supports open, friendly and positive lines of communication with fellow employees and the property owner, and answers to Gardenalia's landscape crew supervisor.
Qualifications- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The right candidate will possess:
• Experience in landscape construction.
• Familiarity of a basic palette of trees, shrubs, perennials, pests, weeds and garden practices.
• Experience in the safe operation of small machinery such as a skid steer, chain saw, power hand tools, garden tools, and basic tool use.
Have Experience in:
• Background in gardening, horticulture, farming, landscaping
and / or
• Experience in building trades or landscape construction
• Assists with installs patios, decks and walkways.
• Assists with irrigation and lighting systems.
• Plants trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals.
• Spreads soil amendments and mulch.
• Performs general maintenance tasks.
Desirable Personal Attributes
• Strong work ethic
• Is professional and dependable.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
• Is honest with a positive and optimistic outlook
- Candidate must have great physical stamina and a strong back.
- Can help move heavy root balls sometimes up to 300 lbs.
- Can lift 50 lbs.
Education / Training
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree desirable or professional experience equivalent
- Current PA driver’s license; a clean driving record, and the ability to drive a standard transmission pickup truck
This position is outdoors, and the conditions are affected by the weather – long hot days, wet rainy days and cold temperatures.
• $12-15 per hour depending on experience
• Part-time and full-time positions available.
• Working Saturdays may be required on a rotating basis.
• Occasional overtime may be required.